Our Mission : "Changing Lives, One Robot at a Time"
- To enrich students from all backgrounds with opportunities in STEM and Robotics.
- To develop transportable, academic and life skills in students through real-world projects.
- To promote STEM and Robotics education through community engagement.
- To support, encourage, and advance the Robotics education program and competitive Robotics team.
- To promote projects that assist with financial needs of the Robotics program.
Our Core Values:
Robotics is much more than building robots and playing a game. We believe that…
In the Project-Based Learning, robotics environment, students will develop skills in the areas of:
- Communication and Collaboration
- Creativity and Problem Solving
- Organization, Planning and Time Management
- Investigation and Innovation
- Commitment, and Persistence
- Self-Discipline and Excellence
Through a rigorous and relevant, real-world Robotics experience students will:
- Learn how to approach and solve problems
- Identify and operate within required constraints
- Set daily and long term goals and establish benchmarks to measure success
- Use math and science in the development of solutions
- Make appropriate decisions, written justification and verbal defense thereof
- Document and reflect on project successes, obstacles and recommendations
- Produce appropriate and detailed sketches and mechanical drawings
- Maintain an Engineering Notebook using accepted conventions
- Utilize marketing and media to promote and educate global audiences
- Develop and deliver engaging and authentic presentations
Through the experience of VEX Robotics Competitions, students will develop:
- Networking Skills
- Presentation Skills